I spent the whole of yesterday evening attempting to create the cover of my Travel Art journal. It took much longer than expected, but at least it's a start.
These are the first layers of paper mâché on my piece of cardboard , both on the outside and inside cover.
After a couple more layers of paper mâché I gave up with newspaper and decided that kitchen towel would give me the rough texture that I wanted. Once I'd done that, I went over it again with more newspaper so it'd be nicer to paint.
It still needs a couple more layers and then it'll be ready to decorate. I think I'm going to cover it in gesso; rid the horrible newspaper colour and then stick down pages from my old passport, stamps, maps etc... Hopefully then I can cover that in this beautiful bronze acrylic paint I bought the other week.
This is the first journal I've made from scratch so I'm really excited to see what it looks like. Fingers crossed it all turns out nicely.
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire